Saturday, December 17, 2011

Day 17: What feels like home?

I like this one...

Home feels like a full belly, a hug from my Dad and a "you go girl," from my Mom.  Home feels like the foggy, craggy coast of Half Moon Bay.  Home feels like a room filled with my favorite people, wine, stories, laughter and the sense that everything is as it always was.

Home feels like the peace of sitting in a dimly-lit room, with a good book in-hand.  Home feels like the warmth of a hot bath.

Home feels life the peace and quiet of a meadow in some forgotten place, found only in a book.

Home feels like the chaos of family and the laughter we share.

In my mind, I imagine the ground of Ireland feeling like home.

Surrounding myself with myths, legends, stories of King Arthur, dragons and magic feels like home.  I am a dreamer, so in my dreams, I come to find some sense of home.

Home feels like the Southern hospitality and my Granny Ma's 10 course meals.

Home feels like a song that takes me to some other place outside of myself.

Home feels like the heat of strong coffee and a butter-laden croissant.

Home feels like the mornings I spent outside of Paris, among great fields,beside an ancient farmhouse and gardens bursting with pink, gold and lavender.  Home feels like the space of utter peace and solitude.

Home feels like security.

Home feels like the greeting my cat gives me, each night I arrive home to my tiny castle.

Home feels like precious time spent with friends.

Home feels like the presence of those gone from the tangible world, but here beside me, somehow, none-the-less.

Writing this blog, and conquering it feels like home....

timer goes off....

No comments: