Saturday, December 17, 2011

Day 16: Choose a song on your ipod- why did you include it?

"Fisherman Blues" by the Waterboys

This is one of the most romantic songs- ever.  It makes me happy, it makes me smile with a huge grin plastered all about my mug.  It brings back fond memories of Chad, wishing we had had enough time together to have listened to this song together- Chad, I know that you are with me when II play this- I send it to you with everything I have.

This song brings me to heavily wooded passages, and fairy rings about me.  I t brings me to darkly lit bars, on the craggy coast of some ocean, filled with a simple people whose lives are bound by myth, stories of legend and  mermaids.

This song inspires me to dream, love, write and wish.  It gets me to the gym-it's my closer song, getting me to the end of a workout.

This song reminds me of home, eating fish and chips at Ketch, and swigging beers, watching old men from the sea stroll through to the bar....

timer goes off...

No comments: