Thursday, December 8, 2011

Day 7: A regret and why?

Wow.

Okay, so my mindset is that if you live your life according to regret, then you never grow, getting yourself stuck in some momentary lapse.  This is totally contradictory to living life with passion.

So, with that said, I really don't have any one or more regrets which swallows my train of thought on any given notion.

There are things I miss, and wish I could have attained.  Sometimes Ii think I should have moved faster, or slower, in some regard, worked harder, what have you.  But in the end, I have to own the choices I have made, or not made, and come to some understanding that each of those decisions has brought me to the place I am now.  Good and/or bad.

To regret something, to me, is to isolate yourself from change.  I own my path.  I am not always happy about how I carry myself, in certain situations- I am prone to anger, but I have learned to forgive myself for some rash actions, otherwise, how would I learn.  

I refuse to live in the past, according to regret- and I have always lived my life, streaming ahead of time...this is just me.  In order to plan, and in order to forge a new personage, and become a person I am ultimately proud to be, regret, then, can be no option, otherwise the onward forward motion of life becomes stilled.

Though perhaps, the most important reason for my refusal to live according to regret, are the excuses it allows one's self.  I don't blame anyone but myself for the things that go array in life- I cannot control what others do and say to me, but I am in control of my reaction- and that I must own.  Am I proud of how I have conducted myself in the past?  Absolutely not.  I have made mistakes, and maybe that's the difference.  I recognize my mistakes, but don not allow them to control me as I believe regret can.  

Freedom from regret is empowering and helps hush the guilt.

Regret stunts us.  Regret is an undoing, and I have no regrets for holding no regrets....

timer goes off...

No comments: