Saturday, December 17, 2011

Day 15: Dream job

Um...a writer for starters.  I would love to write, love to read, love to write about the books I've read.  I would love to create a creative system for kids which fostered the very real need to get kids reading, creating and dreaming about being the best possible.  I would love to help foster creative writing, hone in on the necessary concepts of analytical reading and processing.

Our education system is based on numbers, logic, reasoning, science with a massive gap in the element of creating sincere people.  I wrote "sorry" and then erased it- I will not apologize for the severity of that comment.  Numbers and science are fabulous necessary things in life, but they aren't everything in life.  As adults, we lose humanity, compassion and magic.  I would love to cultivate those things in kids, to see them gleeful and utterly lost in a tale which inspires them to catch the world by the strings and pursue big dreams.

I would love to publish a novel someday.  I would love to write a book about the chaos of being a woman and finding a spot in this life with passion.  I would love to own a bookstore.  I would love to see people sitting in velvet chairs, lost in some other place- but most of all, I would love knowing that I took some part in creating a world in which it was deemed acceptable to get that lost...

timer goes off...

No comments: